Saturday, February 1, 2014

Mustard Seeds and Mulberry Trees...

Luke 17:6    And the Lord said, "If you had faith like a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and be planted in the sea'; and it would obey you. 


2013 was a tremendous time of trial, learning to walk by faith .  I am so grateful for the miracles that have taken place  in my life and the lives of others.  I hope to share experiences that will encourage your faith and challenge you to live in the simplicity of Trusting God with everything.  These are my  testimonies of mustard seeds and mulberry trees, miraculous potential bursting into reality and demonstrating the glorious nature of our God!!  From saving my life from a fatal instance of  lymphadenopathy (lymph nodes were increased,  enlarged and wrapped around my heart) to reviving a beloved goldfish - God has used every experience in my life to demonstrate His goodness and grace.  I have found that it doesn't take a Goliath measure of  biblical knowledge, insight, understanding or spiritual aptitude to experience the supernatural, peace giving love of God...just a heart that is willing to come to Him.

Now on the subject of seeds and trees, there are two things that have become more clear to me as I progress to total healing:
  • How will I respond to the presence of this 'mulberry tree', that stands to block my progress?
  • What will I tell the Mulberry Tree (my circumstance that seems larger than my faith)?

First I must rest in my soul and declare the will of God for me directly to my circumstance...I have to speak to the tree!  Speak to the tree... not out of fear that it won't respond, not out of intimidation of the circumstance, but out of a restful trust in my exercise of faith in Christ's authority through me;  this tree cannot ignore my declaration.

Coming to God and resting in His authority and word , taking on His way of dealing with life,  is not an easy task.  I remind myself daily of Matthew 11:28-29 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."  Last year I felt like I had to fight to stay alive, and it turned out He (God) did the fighting for me...so now I finally get it.  I'm going to rest, I am going to let my soul (my mind, will and emotions) rest in what I learn of Christ and His love for me.  What kind of woman would I be- what kind of person would you be if you learned to rest like this?

Now what about moving the tree?  The most of my effort I am challenged to offer is the movement of my lips  and projection of my voice in the exercise of my trust in God-  my faith.  Where will I tell this Mulberry Tree to go?  I was recently reminded of the importance of my confession and never getting so weary or intimidated that I sit down and let the tree/circumstance remain in my way.   I love the scripture that says, " It is written, I believed, therefore I have spoken, Since we have that same spirit of faith, we also believe and therefore speak." (2 Corinthians 4:13) I think I have been quiet at times because I question whether I have enough faith to produce a response...but then I remember the mustard seed...even a little is more than enough.  I am now speaking to my 'Mulberry Trees' and reminding them that they are not permanent and subject to change with the activation of my faith.  Still growing in this thing - but grateful for God's help in the process-  Enjoying the journey!

Blessings and Grace


1 comment:

  1. “Speak to the tree... not out of fear that it won't respond, not out of intimidation of the circumstance, but out of a restful trust in my exercise of faith in Christ's authority through me; this tree cannot ignore my declaration.”

    This sentence is begging for a response. It is literally screaming at me to absorb, assimilate and act. As believers we are suppose to do what Christ did, in the way He did it and for the same reasons. He spoke to fevers, weather patterns, animals, trees, and everything else in His way and under His authority. So should we. However, the question Stephanie brings forth is the motive behind our mouth. Are our words birthed in fear and subsumed in cowardliness? Or are we resting in what the grace of God has done. Are we willing to trust that something has been done, not will or is, but has been? Thousands of years ago, grace acted for us, now we talk about “this grace in which we stand.” And when we do this, the tree, the fish, the storm, the allergy, the cell, the organ can’t ignore the authority given to us by the “God of all grace.” All we are supposed to do is repeat what He says and do what He did.

    Finally, I am taken with the candor and power of this phrase, “I think I have been quiet at times because I question whether I have enough faith to produce a response.” Silence is one of faith’s greatest enemies; I didn’t realize this until this blog. It overlooks grace and dismisses the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Yes we have the faith to produce a response, because it is the faith of God abiding in common clay pots to show that this all-surpassing power belongs to Him and not to us.

    Thanks Stephanie for enlightening me.

    Raquel

    ReplyDelete