Thursday, February 6, 2014

Wow, What Worship Can Do!

This week has been challenging physically.  Its been a long time since my husband had to physically help me attend to the basics of my morning routine.  So thankful for a husband that loves me like Christ loves the church.  Hardship has a way of really exposing what is in someone's heart and his heart is wonderful towards me .

I have noticed a peculiar thing though with my physical body's response to the atmosphere of worship.  This morning I began to pray and felt the prompting of the Holy Spirit to just put on some music and saturate the atmosphere not just with my confession of healing - but with songs of praise.  What a difference it made!!!
I found my stiffness loosening and my facial expression changing from concentration to move to ease and joy!

I opened my bible to two interesting Psalms and just began to meditate on them until praise just oozed from my heart!  Psalm 61:2-5 reminded me that I have a strength, a rock that is higher than I.  A place to find refuge outside of myself!  How wonderful is that? Knowing that help and protection from the attacks of the enemy are just a 'perspective' change away gives me hope.  Yes, all I have to do is turn my attention, my perspective toward the rock [God] and the magnitude of His offering of help becomes more tangible and clear and brings me HOPE! And when physical symptoms try to invite discouragement or frustration, hope has a way of chasing them off.

Worship feeds hope.  This is what I am experiencing today. Because of my choice to praise, worship and rejoice in the Lord, my hope is renewed and the physical benefit of the joy it brings.  Proverbs 13:12 tells me that "hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing realized is a tree of life"- because of this I know that I can't afford to 'defer' my confidence in what God has promised.

Psalm 71:14- is such a good declaration for this..." As for me, I will always have hope.  I will praise you more and more. My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds, of your saving acts all day long,..."

Then second Psalm I turned to this morning was Psalm 65 where I am reminded that God does answer prayer and " Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your [his] house, of your holy temple"  I read this and think, well who does God choose and bring near to live in his courts?  Those that are willing to come, he extended an open invitation through Jesus Christ and all that are willing to draw near to him, He will draw near to them ( See Hebrews 10- I will have to write a post later about drawing near to God.)  God brings near those that seek to come nearer...those that respond to His voice, His invitation to experience His presence.    Boy could I use an overdose of the good things of His house, His temple.  There is no sickness in His temple, no struggle to survive in His court, there is only His presence and my response.  There is only His presence and my response!

How will you respond to the invitation to adjust your perspective and look toward the Father and worship Him?  Music is such a powerful tool to accomplish that.  Take some time today listen to a tune or a song that puts your thoughts back toward Him and reminds you of  His goodness toward you.  Your physical circumstance will be "better for it".

Here is a link to song that helped me get going today:   http://youtu.be/NQW1FFRzSEw

Blessings and Grace....
Stephanie O.

No comments:

Post a Comment